The fire department says the October 16th fire on Wilkins Street was accidential.
Firefighters believe the fire was electrical in nature and it was caused by an extension cord running under a bed. The victim has been identified as Antonio Sotolongo, 85.
He was found by firefighters on the second floor of the home. The man died from his injuries Tuesday afternoon at Rochester General Hospital.
Firefighters say there were no working smoking detectors in the upstairs apartment at the time of the fire.