The Rochester Chapter of the American Red Cross is helping two people after a fire damaged their house Saturday. The fire broke out just before 12:30 Saturday afternoon in the 400 block of Lyell Avenue.
Firefighters found smoke and flames in the back of the home when they arrived. They think an air conditioner left behind may have caused the fire. Firefighters say they have to take precaution putting out fires with the hot weather today.
"It does add an additional dimension to an already difficult job when it's hot, we do rehab our folks, keep them hydrated, rotate our crews and make it through without a problem," says Scott Williams, deputy fire chief for the Rochester Fire Department.
No one was injured in this fire. Damage was contained to the first and second floor of the house.