The Best Herbs for indoors:
Rosemary Oregano Thyme Chives Mint Basil Parsley Dill Cilantro
Can start from plants dug up from outdoors or purchased or some annualslike basil, parsley, dill and cilantro can be started from seed.
Tips for growing herbs indoors:
-Use a gritty well drained soil: 1/3 potting soil with 1/3 sand and 1/3
peat moss mixed in.
- mist plants often to keep leaves from drying out.
- Cut regularly to use for cooking- reseed basil, parsley, dill and cilantro for fresh plants.
Tips on Healthy plants:
-Use good potting soil with pearlite or vermiculite in it for drainage.
- Water only when getting dry- sometimes weekly, do not overwater.
- Fertilize with miracle-Gro once in a while- remember the soil usually
has no plant food in it. Use osmocote for slow release fertilizer.
- I put plants on ceramic tiles on the floor or a stand so I don't ruin
the wood floor.
- To clean and refresh plants and help with pests, put plants in a
lukewarm shower once in a while.
- Cut plants back if they get leggy or diseased.
- Put indoor plants outside in a shady place when it gets warm in the
For more information:
700 Colby St, Ogden
(585) 349-2090 ext. 4504