Local Golf Professional Shows Off the Items Dad May Not Have in his Bag Already -
Rochester, N.Y. - Father's Day is right around the corner. As you are out shopping for that perfect gift, you realize your father has all the power tools in the world, he's not going to wear a sweater during the summer, and he already has enough ties he doesn't wear. So, with that in mind, a local golf professional suggests a trip to the pro shop to get dad that special gift.
"You may think that your dad has everything golf-related in his bag, but chances are, you can find something that he doesn't have," says Jon Hoecker, Director of Golf at Brook-Lea Country Club. "He may have all the golf shirts he needs, and his clubs could be the latest and greatest, but there is more than what goes in a golf bag that makes a great gift for Father's Day."
Hoecker says that some common accessories are always welcome gifts, such as golf balls, and tees. But, he adds there are a number of other choices if you are looking for a gift for the golfer. Some of the great golf ideas for dad include:
· Golf Umbrella - larger size than a typical umbrella, allowing you and your clubs to stay dry should bad weather strike.
· Private Lesson - one-on-one consultation with a local golf club professional, usually in ½ hour increments, price varies from course to course.
· Golf Shoes - come in a variety of colors and sizes, could help improve your game, if you usually wear sneakers, prices vary by model and manufacturer.
· Pull Cart - provides an easier way to transport clubs on the course for walkers, where your bag straps in and the cart is pulled on wheels, priced around $200.
· Range Finder - a digital-camera like product allows golfers to measure distances from 10-700 yards, weighs only a half-pound, retails for $350.
"Golf apparel is also a very popular gift for Father's Day," says Hoecker. "Whether it's a nice golf shirt, hat, sunglasses, or shorts, whatever your father likes to wear on the course."
For other great golf gift ideas, he adds you can head to any sporting goods or golf specialty store, or stop by the pro-shop at your favorite golf course. Or, if you want to leave it up to dad to choose what he wants, a gift certificate to a pro shop is another idea.
Established in 1926, Brook-Lea Country Club is a private country club that has been serving the Rochester area for 80 years. Brook-Lea features a Donald Ross designed 18-hole championship golf course and provides members and their guests with a full service dining and banquet facility, conference center, 24-hour access to a health and fitness club, and a state-of-the art swimming facility. The club is home to the Brook Lea Amateur Invitation, one of the Rochester District Golf Association's "Big 4". Members of all ages and abilities are offered seminars and lessons to enhance their abilities on and off the course. An active part of charitable giving to the community, Brook-Lea Country Club is located at 891 Pixley Road in the town of Gates, and is on line at www.brookleacc.com