We are proud to welcome Tammy Mogilski and Brian Bedford, certified financial planner with Legacy Financial Planning, an office of Metlife. Tammy has been serving the Rochester community for 20 years, specializing in retirement planning.
Today was legacy financial planning's first appearance on Wake Up Rochester, and they will be featured guests every Monday morning. Our viewers are going to love this segment, because this is the forum where your questions get answered, because Tammy and her team of financial planners will address specific financial concerns that you face in real life.
- 77 MILLIONBABY BOOMERS WILL BE RETIRING IN THE NEXT 10 YEARS
- Nearly 8000 Americans turn 65 every day
- 95% OF AMERICANS HAVE FINANCIAL CONCERNS WHEN IT COMES TO RETIREMENT
Tammy, let's start with some statistics.
- 77 millionbaby boomers will be retiring in the next 10 years.
- Nearly 8000 americans turn 65 every day.
- 95% of americans have financial concerns when it comes to retirement.
Questions asked on a daily basis:
- How much money do i need in retirement?
- Are my investments tax efficient?
- What happens if my spouse or i gets sick?
- How do i make sure that my money goes to my kids, and not uncle sam?
Our office is a planning firm, so the first thing we ask our clients to do is to formulate a plan. You need to have some type of road map so that you know where you're heading, right? It's impossible for a financial professional to make any legitimate recommendation unless he or she knows the objectives of the client.
For example, if someone asks me how much money they'll need in retirement, there are several things that i'm going to need to know about them:
- What are your current expenses?
- How many of those expenses are going to carry over into retirement?
- Where do you plan on living? How much travel?
- Do you have a pension or fixed income provision, like an annuity?
- Do you plan on working part-time?
- When are you going to die? Most people don't know that answer, but we still have to address it!
Click on "Professionally Speaking" to ask Tammy or Brian a question. We may feature your inquiry on a future segment with Legacy Financial Planning.